For a business to succeed, they must understand and align themselves with the government framework of laws and regulations.This is more so important for a dynamic market like the UAE, where there are freezones, mainland companies and various laws applies on local/Emirate and Federal level.
It gets more complex, if multiple jurisdictions, large deals are involved and if the client is not fluent in Arabic or the ‘lay of the land’.Over the past 15 years, Al Gharib Law Firm has built solid experience working across all facets of the Government sector. It’s not just speaking the official language but we understand the language of law.
From representing bidders, we have developed expertise in government contracts, including vetting, inter alia, turnkey, public-private partnership projects and large BOT contracts across sectors.
Drawing from our various practices such as IP, commercial law, employment, and arbitration, Al Gharib Law Firm has worked with local and international clients and helped them arrive at the best possible outcome. We have ensured their business and the government work together beneficially to create a win-win situation.
Our Government practice related legal services, include, but are not limited to:
- Advise clients in bid management, contract administration
- Guidance related under the applicable laws and regulations
- Preparation, negotiation, review of RFPs, tenders, bids to meet fair contracting
- Provide advisory on regulatory and compliance issues on a local/Federal level
- Represent clients in disputes/conflicts before administrative boards and courts
- Setup of companies in mainland, offshore or in freezones
- Working with regulatory authorities, committees and Ministries for approvals
- Assistance with investigations related to fraud, money laundering, corruption, bribery
- Projects related contract review and pre-contract counselling
- Delivery of procurement contracts and opportunity identification
- Contract template development and maintenance
- Help with ancillary contracts such as performance guarantees, parent company, bonds