The UAE sits at the cross roads of Europe, Asia and Africa. Billions of dollars and millions of tons of goods and travelers pass through its ports, airports, freezones every day making it a major transport hub.
Facilitating this massive flow are airports, shipping ports, road and soon rail networks. Such a major and dynamic sector has its share of challenges. As a sector, it also encompasses export laws, taxation, customs, duties and product safety to name a few.
Transportation (aviation & maritime) is an important part of our legal practice. Our international and local market experience honed over the past 15 years has helped us to advise clients on the full panoply of matters, such as commercial transactions, disputes, cross-border litigation and compliance.Noted for our adoption of innovative practices, we have advised clients from start-ups to major trading groups and suppliers on the legal framework to help them apply those laws in a practical and effective way.
The lawyers of Al Gharib are well equipped to file claims; provide consultancy to cover the air, sea and land. Our clients include passengers’ transportation and logistics companies and their constituents such as freight forwarders, traders, insurers, banks, shipping lines, Freezone licensees, cargo handlers, brokers, sellers, buyers, lessees and lessors of aviation equipment, clearing and forwarding agents.
In addition to consultancy, we provide range of legal services to airline operators, pertaining to rights of landing, selling, purchasing and chartering of airplanes.
Our Aviation practice offers services, that include, but are not limited to:
- Merger and amalgamation of aviation companies
- Finance for aircrafts’ purchase and charter
- Air transportation agreements
- Settlement of aviation related disputes/claims
- Insurance related to transportation contracts
- Setup and structuring of companies ‘onshore’ or offshore i.e. in freezones
- Legal advice across all transportation channels (aviation, ports, rail and road)
- Defense related to breach of rules and regulations of local/international aviation law
- Procedures related to disposing of aircrafts
- Obtaining finance to purchase new aircrafts on charter or ownership basis.
The advocates at Al Gharib have wide experience in maritime cases related to on-shore and off-shore incidents such as collisions, sinking, explosions or fire during transport of goods or individuals.
Our firm’s activities include the following:
- Representation of owners, charterers, clients, agents of shipping companies
- Legal issues related to maritime fraud
- Negotiates and execute maritime contracts, charter contracts
- Real estate financing and mortgage agreements
- Ship building contracts
- Settlement of maritime related disputes
- Advisory on customs, shipping, duties, taxes
- Agreements of merger, amalgamation and commercial acquisition
- Legal affairs related to sea, road, train and air transportation
- Commercial rights preservation agreements
- Drafting and negotiating contracts related to freight, procurement, shipping, logistics
- Employment related legal advice dealing with contracts, policies, and redundancies
- Advisory on mergers, acquisitions, shareholder arrangements and joint ventures