Energy Law (Oil & Gas)
The UAE has 8% of global oil reserves, about 100 billion barrels. It’s strategic location at the cross roads of the Middle East, and being a member of the OPEC with neighboring Gulf Countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, makes the energy sector (oil & gas) of strategic importance.
The UAE is currently transitioning from an electricity generation system powered by gas power plants to nuclear, solar and other renewables to substantially reduce its carbon emissions. With the worldwide population expected to hit 7.7 billion by 2020, increased urbanization, rapid growth, the demand for energy shows no signs of slowing down.
In such a changing landscape, that’s competitive and strategic, Al Gharib helps clients align their business objectives within the legal framework with legal services across the power, nuclear, oil & gas and renewables sectors.
We do this by guiding them across complex regulatory environments, geopolitical risk, disputes and market disruption across the energy lifecycle.
With over 15 years of local knowledge, global expertise we ensure clients get the best outcome – that’s commercially and environmentally right.
Our services, include but not limited to:
- Environmental, health and safety standards
- Managing, mitigate and resolve energy disputes
- Draft all types of contracts – including JV agreements
- Disclosure and reporting obligations
- Tenement disputes, human rights, insurance, issues, environment,
- Taxation issues
- Long-term sales and transportation agreements
- Sanctions and bribery and anti-corruption-
- Mergers, acquisitions, disposals, projects, financings and disputes