Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
With political turbulence, economic uncertainty and competition, companies increasingly turning to Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) i.e. merging with their rivals and joining forces to become a new business, consolidation or acquiring companies to enter new markets or enhance their portfolio.
M&A is emerging as the more popular route to market in the Middle East rather than the traditional joint venture route. Acquiring a company gives investors a faster foothold into a market where personal connections and understanding how business works matter. Such M&A transactions bring cost savings, expansion, and the ability to sustain growth in a challenging economic climate.
Al Gharib Law Firm’s M&A practice deals with all the related laws, processes affecting the purchase of one company by another (an acquisition), or the blending of two companies into a new entity (a merger).
Over the past 15 years, we have built our cross border transactional experience, across various sectors drawing from our various practices such as IP, commercial law, employment, litigation and arbitration to name a few.
Al Gharib has worked with publicly listed companies, start-ups, Private Equity (PE) firms, family businesses, venture capital funds to advise and structure deals that have the best outcome.
Our M&A practice related legal services, include, but are not limited to:
- Legal guidance on regulations of M&A of UAE-based joint stock companies
- Advisory on ransaction structures for private companies
- Drafting term sheets, structuring agreements, contracts
- Diligence through to negotiating shareholders agreements and convertible debt
- Handle legal due diligence
- Counsel on rights of the shareholders of the acquirer and acquiring companies
- Cross-border litigation and arbitration
- Provide forum for dispute resolution (as opposed to court litigation)
- Approvals from local government and regulatory authorities
- Setting up and structuring acquisition structures
- Advising on regulatory strategies and compliance
- Employment related aspects related to hiring, redundancies
Advisory on possible taxation issues for overseas buyers