With the establishment of major venues like Dubai Sports City, local and international football, cricket, cycling, horse racing, golf, tennis, Formula 1, Rugby events – a sports law that provided much needed framework was required.
This new law came into effect in the UAE with Cabinet Resolution (31) of 2015 the Executive Regulations of Federal Law No (8) of 2014 concerning the Security of Sports Facilities and Events.
Sports law is an amalgam of laws and covers broad range of disciplines and touches on a variety of matters. It provides guidance around the scope of new legal obligations affecting those involved in the organization and hosting of sports events, venues, athletes, fans, participants and the sports they play.
With over 15 years of legal expertise, and noted for its adoption of new innovative practices, Al Gharib has been advising clients and seen the implementation of Sports Law over the past couple of years.
Our services related to Sports Law, include, but are not limited to:
- Sports dispute resolution
- Sponsorship and brand licensing agreements
- Investments related sports services
- Legal assistance related to tort, agency, antitrust, constitutional, labor, trademark,
- Sexual discrimination, criminal, and tax issues
- Fan conduct
- Drafting contracts
- Agreements on security
- Use of intellectual property
- Sales of tickets